Excel from Office 2007 has lots of built in add-in programs and lot of other plugins are also available. For example, we earlier saw ODF Plugin for Office 2007, which allows to read, edit and save files of Open Office format.
So how to add or remove Excel add-in?
Adding or removing Excel add-in are also called as loading and unloading of plugins in Excel.
Some of the other plugins which are installed by default but not loaded while starting Excel are ,
- Analysis ToolPak – Provides data analysis tool for statistical and engineering analysis
- Analysis ToolPak VBA – VBA functions for Analysis ToolPak
- Conditional Sum Wizard – Helps sum data in lists
- Euro Currency Tools – Conversion and formatting for the euro currency
- Internet Assistant VBA – Internet assistant VBA
- Lookup Wizard – Helps create formulas to find data in lists
- Solver Add-in – Tool for optimization and equation solving
To load a plugin in excel 2007,
Click the Office button on the top left corner –> Excel Options –> Choose Add-Ins from the list of the left side.
Here you can view all the add-ins both active and inactive. Click the Go button near Manage: Excel Add-ins from the bottom.
Here you can load and unload an add-in by simple checking and unchecking.
If any add-ins are not listed here, then you can click the Browse button and search for the location of that plugin. If you want to install a new plugin, use the executable file that comes with that plugin. To remove or uninstall a plugin, unload the plugin and uninstall through Control Panel.